in monthly payments (such asTelmex).
In my opinion, e-commerce in Mexico is going to explode over the next few years. Consumers are getting more used to paying bills and other services online, and it is just a matter of time before more companies realize the benefits of offering online ordering services to their customers.
Some interesting Mexico internet facts:
- In 2008, 27.4 million Mexicans were online, a number expected to increase 82% by 2012!
- Mexico was one of the biggest growth markets for Facebook in 2009
- E-commerce sales in Mexico in 2006 were $537 million and reached $1.6 billion in 2008
- Travel packages are what Mexicans purchased the most online in 2009
- In 2007, 48% of internet users in Mexico were female, while 52% were male
- In 2008, PayPal expanded to Mexico