Mexico has a good history of trade relations with Russia. Mexico is considered a "favored nation" in Russia, which means it enjoys discounts on trade tariffs of up to 25%.
A few trade facts about Russia:
- Russia is the world's 5th largest food importer
- Trade between Mexico and Russia grew 79% from 2000 to 2007
- Russia is part of the BRIC (Brazil-Russia-India-China) economic block
- Russia's main exports include: aluminium, steel, nickel, copper, helicopters and plastic
- Russia's main imports include: automobiles, machinery, televisions, medicine